Today was my/our first baby shower. It was a blast. When I woke up this morning, Jason told me to let him know if he needed to sleep on the couch tonight due to his answers for one of the games.
The best one was, "What was Jason's initial reaction to finding out Kristin was pregnant?"
A. something (I forgot)
B. something else (I forgot)
C. Fear
Answer? Fear. :)
Luckily I got this question, and got to explain the story...
There was an announcement at work on that Wednesday that our plant was closing. Needless to say, it was a very stressful Wednesday, and looking to be a very stressful remainder of the week. I was supposed to "start" on Saturday, but knew I was just too stressed to wait until then, and didn't want to add to the stress that would delay anything from actually starting then get excited that I was "late" etc, etc. So Thursday, when I woke up at 4:30 like usual, since it had been at least 10 days since I ovulated I decided to just take a test and then not be excited if I was or wasn't pregnant for the rest of the week. So I take the test, go let the dog out, and come back upstairs after she's come inside. OMG the test says "Pregnant". I didn't have my contacts in, so I had to really look at it. Luckily I took the advice of my friend Julie and got one of the digital readout ones that actually says "Not Pregnant" or "Pregnant". So out of the bathroom I go, yelling and screaming and crying.
Jason was asleep at the time, so I jump on him and am still screaming and crying.
He thought I killed the dog.
I probably would too if someone was screaming and crying at 4:30 in the morning.
Therefore, the initial reaction? Fear.
Pretty awesome story.
Things I learned today:
candy bars look discusting when mashed up in diapers
my stomach is currently 11 toilet paper squares around
anything baby is adorable, if you have one or not
it's hard to reach anything on the floor when you have a large stomach
No comments:
Post a Comment