
That's a picture from Scott and Anne's wedding last weekend.
The belly button is officially out and about. Before it would only really come out after a big meal, but now it's official...
Today we had our birth class, which was really interesting. Thankfully we chose the 1 day class, so from 9am-4:30pm, it was babies, birth, and babies. No one told us you're supposed to bring pillows and blankets to the class, and we were the only ones without. Thankfully we only "needed" the pillow for 1 position, knees on the floor resting on the ball, and it wasn't so bad on the carpet.
I was really surprised at the mix of people's pain management plans. We were a -5, which is try to do it without pain meds, don't ask if we want pain meds, we will ask for them. Over half the class was a +5 or +7 which is more along the lines of I want meds whenever I can have them. After watching the video of what an epidural does, we were even less thrilled. We'll see how it goes. I am hoping education on what is going on, as well as relaxation will help get us through.
All day long baby's been moving around like it's been a dance party. This is the most he's moved in one day. Normally he takes naps and stuff, but he's been super active. He'll probably sleep a lot tomorrow.
We really need to work on our name options. We had one kind of at the top of our list, and then when we walked by the hospital name suggestions, our top name was at the top of the list... kind of a bummer. We'll see what we end up coming up with.
Time to go buy a birthing ball tomorrow (or yoga ball). One of the mom's made a joke today "wow it's sad I used to do abs on this thing." I hear ya.
Today we had our birth class, which was really interesting. Thankfully we chose the 1 day class, so from 9am-4:30pm, it was babies, birth, and babies. No one told us you're supposed to bring pillows and blankets to the class, and we were the only ones without. Thankfully we only "needed" the pillow for 1 position, knees on the floor resting on the ball, and it wasn't so bad on the carpet.
I was really surprised at the mix of people's pain management plans. We were a -5, which is try to do it without pain meds, don't ask if we want pain meds, we will ask for them. Over half the class was a +5 or +7 which is more along the lines of I want meds whenever I can have them. After watching the video of what an epidural does, we were even less thrilled. We'll see how it goes. I am hoping education on what is going on, as well as relaxation will help get us through.
All day long baby's been moving around like it's been a dance party. This is the most he's moved in one day. Normally he takes naps and stuff, but he's been super active. He'll probably sleep a lot tomorrow.
We really need to work on our name options. We had one kind of at the top of our list, and then when we walked by the hospital name suggestions, our top name was at the top of the list... kind of a bummer. We'll see what we end up coming up with.
Time to go buy a birthing ball tomorrow (or yoga ball). One of the mom's made a joke today "wow it's sad I used to do abs on this thing." I hear ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment