We went back to the doctor last Friday and got to hear the heart beat this time! Jay included! It was so cool. The baby kept moving around and she couldn't get the "horse stampede" sounding heartbeat for a while, but more of the far away sounding one. Then after about 3 minutes of that, she pushed on my stomach to pin the baby down and Jay and his mom got to hear the really cool, really loud one! We begged for a sonogram since my MIL was there, but she said they'd kill her for putting in a last minute person before lunch on a Friday... oh well.
On July 22nd at 4pm we get to find out the sex!! I'm so excited. I'm hoping I can convince Jay to go out shopping and put some cute stuff on our registry after that. We'll see, we might just be too excited.
We are about half way through week 16. The baby's ear bones have formed and can recognise sounds, so I told Jay he needed to start talking to my belly. I asked him what kind of books were his favorite when he was little and his were "Where the Wild Things Are" and the Little Golden Books with the gold spine. Mine were the Berenstain Bears books and "Goodnight Moon". I went to the library the other day and got a Berenstain Bears book for Jason to read to my belly this week.
It was so cute last week at the lake when I was having weird feelings in my belly and he put his head down there and said he thought he could hear something going on! It almost made me cry. He's so cute and sweet!!
I can't believe we're almost half way there! I'm starting to freak out. Also my belly is really starting to show more, especially at the bottom. Before it was kind of imaginary and everything, plus it was cute to think of our baby as a little blueberry or apple seed or whatever... now the sizes are getting a little more painful to think about coming out of my you-know-where. Avacado this week... that's starting to sound PAINFUL!
I think I'm most excited to get the nursery ready now and start registering and picking things out. I think then it will really really sink in.
I am excited though, my sister's bachelorette party in a few weeks and the fourth of July, then her wedding! It will be busy!!
Awww, Jason is so cute and sweet! I love those stories. I can't wait for the stories where your hormones are crazy wacky, and we won't know if it's you being normal or you being hormonal. :) Love ya, Sis!!!
ReplyDelete