Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Beating like a hammer..." - Metric

Wow, a lot has happened in the past weeks! I had my 12 week appointment and I got to hear the heart beat! It was so cool sounding and surreal. Unfortunately Jay was out of town, and couldn't make it to the appointment. I was supposed to call him, but of course I was so excited I forgot! Then someone at work also said I should record it on my phone so I can always hear it - yea forgot to do that too. Oops.

Now we're in week 13, and the baby is the size of a peach. I can see my stomach expanding already, and not just from eating more! I gained 10 pounds in the 4 weeks between my appointments!! Oops! My doctor asked me if I was eating when I was nauseaus, and I said, "yes, which is all the time!!" Thankfully last Tuesday the all-day sickness has faded pretty well. Occasionally if I don't eat for a long time it shows up, but a small fry and a chocolate shake make it go away (haha Meaghan we got them anyway - don't worry I usually carry around a bag of carrots or other veggies in my purse but I forgot on Saturday)!

This past weekend was a blast, but it killed me not to be able to have a beer. We had a bbq with family and friends and a few coolers full of beer, and it was calling my name. Fortunately I found Bacardi Margarita mix in the frozen juice section of the store and mixed with sprite, it tastes pretty darn good. That really helped get me through the weekend!

Otherwise shopping on the Plaza and hanging out with Soap, Erin, and Meaghan was a blast. Got some stretch mark cream from my favorite store (L'Occtaine), as well as some much needed other items. Jason thought for sure we would come back with purchased baby furniture from Pottery Barn Kids, but luckily I only came home with the catalog for inspiration. That stuff is EXPENSIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment