This week = hospital week.
Mommy has an infection that started on Saturday. Called the OB's offce with flu like symptoms and redness and swelling. Started antibiotics, was told to call on Monday if I was still in pain... yep still in pain. So luckily I take Aiden with me, because Jay has some people coming out to look at the car in the afternoon and sometimes the office gets far behind if someone needs to deliver or something and I don't want Jay to have to worry about thawing milk, feeding Aiden, and trying to sell the car!
The funniest part about Saturday morning is when I threw up I thought I had a hangover. Friday I had a delicious Sam Adams Winter Lager, and I drank the first half really slow. Then there was half left and we were ready to go to bed so I attempted to "chug it." In 9 months, I forgot how to chug! I couldn't do it, so I was just sipping it really fast. When I woke up with nausea, headache, stomachache... I assumed hangover. Threw up, hangover... right? Well I felt better for about an hour then I was beat. Jason kept swearing I wasn't hungover because I only had ONE beer. I had no idea because those 9 months were the longest I'd gone without drinking since my 21st birthday!
So, I left the OB with directions to check into the hospital. Luckily they pulled some strings and got me in the birthing center, so Aiden could stay with me. Jason had a wicked sinus infection and spend the day arguing with our other Dr's office trying to get a z-pack called in (he didn't get it until Tuesday when he had to lay the guilt trip on thick about me and Aiden being in the hospital, etc). So Aiden and I headed to the hospital and got checked in. We've been here since about 2pm on Monday. Hopefully when the on-call OB comes by tomorrow I'll look better enough to be sent home with an oral antibiotic.
I have been getting IV antibiotics every 6 hours, the rest of the time we just hang out, have visitors, order food, watch TV, play on the computer, etc. Luckily too, Jason can go home and sleep well at night, instead of on a silly recliner or a cot. They were cautious to let him go, since Aiden's been out of the hospital, he's considered a "dirty baby" and cannot go in the nursery. So in case something happened to me, I fell and hit my head or something, they wouldn't want to take him into the nursery since no one else is here at night.
The biggest benefit of being here has been the daily lactation consultant visits. She has been super helpful, and even though Aiden has been gaining tons of weight and eating very well, there were quite a few things I wasn't quite doing right, a few of which may have helped contribute to my infection! So now he's feeding a LOT faster, not like he was eating slow before, but I was surprised at all the improvements she's shown me.
I am not going to lie, I may miss a little bit the breakfast in bed being a phone call away every morning when I wake up! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment