
Wow, it's already been over a week! I can't believe it!
Aiden is doing great. Mommy and daddy are too. Thankfully, grandma is here to help out around the house.
Aiden eats about every 2-4 hours, which makes for lots of snuggle time with mommy. Daddy went back to work on Tuesday, which he was bummed about. i can't imagine going back to work. I don't want to think about it.
Mainly the day consists of feedings every 2-4 hours, I get out of bed for the day after the 8-10am feeding, get showered and dressed, then head downstairs for a day full of whatever is left of the Today show, then Food Network. We've had a few errands to run and had successful outings with Aiden so far. Grandma watched him for an hour while mommy and daddy did some Christmas shopping. We were definitely planning on doing most of it this past weekend, as we weren't due until the 8th. That didn't happen!
I can't believe how big Aiden has gotten and how much he's changed over the past week. He is awake a lot more each day. Luckily we are having pretty good nights. Aiden's staying in a bassinet in our room, and on the work nights his waking doesn't seem to bother Jason too much which is great.
We're scheduled to get some insulation blown in the attic, as Aiden's room is freezing. They will come a do some other work too, so the circulation of air will be better as well. We never noticed it before until Ann slept in Aiden's room over thanksgiving. Aiden and I spent our first night home in his room, and I woke up to cold air blowing on my face! We can't wait until Jan 4th when the company will come out and fix it. It turns out the builders left bare spots above his room, and so they're going to fix that and also insulate the garage ceiling which makes our bedroom cold.
Jason is such a great dad. It's so neat to see him talk to Aiden, hold him, and snuggle with him. Aiden's such a little heat box that Jason often ends up looking very sleepy after Aiden falls asleep on Jay's chest.
Such a miracle. I still can't believe we're parents and we created such a cutie!
No comments:
Post a Comment