Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So many things!

Wow it's been too long since I wrote on here.

So let's start with stretch marks... vanity, I know. I made it to 35 weeks with 0. Now my stomach looks like it exploded. Top, bottom, horizontal, vertical, REDICULOUS. I am thinking about blaming it on the fact that I ran out of the Mama & Baby Balm from L'Occtaine ($40) and switched to a cheaper brand, the Palmer's Coco Butter ($5) for the last month thinking I didn't want to go buy another expensivo lotion, but now I'm thinking it may have been worth it. I got a reco from a friend to go buy the BioOil, which feels great, but I'm still exploding with new stretch marks almost daily. Yesterday when Jason took a close look at my belly during our sono, he was like "your stomach looks like it is going to tear open!" Seriously, it does.

Next up, contractions. Saturday we were watching the MU vs. kU game at Austin's. We're sitting there laughing and joking around and I realize that my stomach is getting tight. I ask my SIL if contractions HAVE to hurt, and she says no. So after a few, I start writing down the time and order water after water after water. They continued for about 30 minutes, then we went home, I got in the shower, downed more water, and they went away. Jason and I were freaking out for the first time we realized... ok, he could be here any day! That, and at any time Jason needs to be able to drive us to the hospital :)! That was a funny and freaky realization. I haven't really had any contractions since Saturday. I've been staying extra hydrated.

Sonogram on Monday was great. Another freak out as the sonographer said "your fluid levels are at the lower limit, let me run these by the Dr and I'll be right back..." So she left the room and we were sitting there like OMG! Jason cracked me up and said "I don't want to wear these clothes to the hospital and get them all bloody!" (he came from work in his shirt and tie). I thought certainly they would let us go home and pack if they decided to induce us yesterday, but who knows. She came back and said everything was ok and sent us home. I have an appointment on Thursday with my Dr so we'll see what she says.

I feel like a ticking time bomb here sitting at home. I realize now why women work up until their due date. It's hard waiting around. And, since I'm so "to do list" oriented, all the shower gifts have been unpacked, returned/exchanged, thank you's written, house clean (from before thanksgiving), house touched up yesterday, ready for visitors after the baby comes. I don't know what to do. All I have to do today is call the place we'd like to take our little guy for the pediatrician. That will take all of 5 minutes. I wouldn't want to work for free though, since I get the time off I'm taking it for sure!

Funny Jason quotes from yesterday:

"It's going to be hard going back to work knowing there is a man at home sucking on your boobies all day"

"You ate TWO puddings! I know puddings don't come in packs of 2, so you must have ate the other 2!"

"He's never going to come out becuase he likes it too much in there, getting pudding all day."

"No wonder your stomach looks like it's going to explode, you're eating two puddings! I am not responsible for this!" (Jason was clearly upset that there were only 2 puddings left over! HA!)

1 comment: