Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

11 Weeks...

So about 9 weeks ago, I found out that the place I currently work is closing in 2 years. Jason and I went to lunch at our favorite asian restaurant, and my fortune cooking said "Stop searching, happiness will find you." I took a picture of it on my phone, with my severance package letter in the background. We laughed pretty hard about that.

The very next morning, we saw "Pregnant" on the digital readout!!

It took about 8 months, but we are so excited!

In one week, I will be sitting down with my plant manager asking him if there is potential for me to take my maternity leave and then receive my severance package and say "bye bye" to work for a while. We're nervous, but unbelievably excited.

The nausea has become my best friend (not), and clothes are getting uncomfortably tight. I switched to maternity tops when I don't feel like looking like I have a huge beer gut. Unfortunately the nausea hasn't kept me from eating too much, so while I'm technically not really showing becuase the baby's growing, I'm showing becuase my stomach is growing!! I miss beer, coffee, and soda like never before...

but it's worth it.

However happy hour after work tomorrow will be tough!

m&b (momma and baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment